SpectraHD 4 Software Update Page
To install the software update, you will need the following:
1) The AC Adapter (included)
2) The USB to mini-USB Adapter (included)
3) A 4GB jump drive (not included, must be 4GB)
The instructions for updating the unit are as follows:
1) Copy the file LcdMerge.bin onto your 4GB jump drive. Do not copy the containing folder, only the contents. Safely eject the jump drive from your computer.
2) Make sure the SpectraHD 4 is plugged into the AC Adapter without any battery attached. Make sure the monitor is turned OFF.
3) Using the USB to mini-USB adapter, plug the 4GB jump drive into the monitor.
4) Via the power switch, turn the monitor ON. Make sure not to disconnect the power or remove the USB while the monitor is updating. Interrupting the update may corrupt the monitor.
5) The red LED beside the power switch will flash rapidly for roughly 2 seconds. After the initial flashing, It will continue to flash sporadically. The duration of flashing depends on the size of the update file. Wait for the red LED to stop flashing and remain solid in color for several seconds.
6) Via the power switch, turn the monitor OFF, and remove the entire USB.
1) When updating the monitor, the LCD will show no graphics and will remain black. If the monitor boots up, the software update was not performed. Please start over from the beginning.
2) If the monitor continues to boot up and does not seem to update:
a) Make sure you are not trying to reinstall the same software that is currently installed. To see this, navigate to Menu>System>SW Version
b) Make sure the jump drive is 4GB. Currently, the unit will not work with any other size.
c) Make sure the jump drive is formatted as FAT32
If you have any problems, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at +1.888.960.3750
Software Update Log
Update v1.98 adds Anamorphic Desqueeze and Waveform options